TOFM's Calendar of Events!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Summer Book Club

I have decided that I am going to re-read "Stepping Heavenward", by Elizabeth Prentiss. I have read this book maybe 3 times and have enjoyed it each time. I would highly recommend it. It is very thought provoking. It might be a little hard to get into a first, it was written in the late 1800's, but I assure you it is a treasure. Here is the book description by Amazon,

"How dreadfully old I am getting! Sixteen!" So begins Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss, the journal-like account of a nineteenth century girl who learns, on the path to womanhood, that true happiness can be found in giving oneself for others. "This book is a treasure of both Godly and womanly wisdom told with disarming candor and humility, yet revealing a deep heart's desire to know God," says noted Christian speaker Elisabeth Elliot. "I do not hesitate to recommend it to men, who need to understand the wives they live with, and to any woman who wants to walk with God."

Amazon and half.com have the best prices on this book. Let me know soon if you are interested in joining me in this adventure. I will set a start date and post questions for the book for anyone who is interested.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Count me in! I already ordered the book from Amazon.com. It was only 50 cents plus shipping. (There copies for 1 cent and 8 cents for anyone who is interested.)

Charlyn said...

I'm in, I'm in!!

Thanks for the tip Bethany, going to order it right now.